The struggle is real. The more people I work with, especially couples, the more I see distress and difficulty communicating. People are complicated. Relationships are complicated. People try and do the best they can, but it remains overwhelming and challenging. A relationship recipe combines a person’s family of origin (their first family), their attachment style, baggage from past relationships (good and bad), and influence of friends, family, and social media. We all each have our own communication style. We mix up all those ingredients and voila! But, it ain’t always pretty when each of us tries to communicate with our partner or spouse because remember, they have their own recipe, too.
So, many couples hit a dead end. Defensiveness, eye rolling, an inability to stay in the moment, and on an emotional overdrive, they create circular, never ending disagreements and arguments.
But all is not lost. Trust me.
My workshop will help you and your partner or spouse get past the impasse and provide you the skill and strategies and deeper introspection to create a healthier relationship not just with your partner or spouse, but also for your life.
Some of the questions to ask yourself to help you determine if this workshop is for you:
- Are you struggling to find ways to build trust and communicate better?
- Do you find yourself having circular conversations that go nowhere?
- Do you know what your communication style is?
- Do you lash out at your partner or spouse?
- Do you have a hard time listening to your partner or remembering what was said?
- Do you wait for your partner or spouse to finish talking so you can share your point of view?
- Are you often defensive in conversations?
- Do you ‘check out’ when your partner is telling you his/her complaints?
- Do discussions turn from something simple to something heated and volatile?
- Do you find it difficult to stay on topic and bring up multiple, previous issues?
- Do you wish you could communicate in ways that were healthier and more effective but you just don’t know how?
- Do you look at other couples and wonder how they can communicate so much better?
If you answered yes to most or all of those questions, then this workshop is for you!
This three hour intensive workshop will:
- Provide an overview of the different styles and patterns of communication.
- Explore your attachment style as it relates to your communication style.
- Provide skills and strategies to be a more effective communicator with your partner or spouse – or with anyone.
- Learn how to change your current process of communication – regardless of the issue at hand.
- Learn how to effectively implement these skills/strategies as they arise.
- Take a solution-focused approach to your relationship and thrive!
I hope to see you there!
Need more information or wish to register? Click on this link.
And thank you!!